Form K to identify the controlling persons of a customer, i.e. individuals exerting control upon customer’s corporate policies and/or the appointment of its representatives and governing bodies. This is identified through a three-layer process:
- Persons exerting control through 25% or more capital shares or voting rights; or
- Persons exerting control by other discernable means; or
- The highest managing director
Form A to establish the identity of the beneficial owner of the assets where a customer holds assets on behalf of third parties or is a domiciliary company. Domiciliary companies include all legal entities, companies, establishments, foundations, trusts, fiduciary companies or similar associations, either Swiss or foreign, that are not operating.
Indications that a company is a domiciliary company include:
- The lack of business premises of its own (c/o address, registered office with a lawyer, accountant, fiduciary company, etc.)
- It has no employees of its own.
Form S to understand the structure of a foundation and establish the identity of the beneficial owner of assets.
Form T to understand the structure of a trust and establish the identity of the beneficial owner of assets.
Completed documents should be sent to the address below:
HSBC Bank plc, London, Zurich Branch
PO BOX 1818
If you wish to send the form(s) electronically, please contact your Relationship Manager.